Frequently Asked Questions
Thanks for dropping by our FAQs. You won't find many actual questions here, but we hope you'll find some answers. If you don't find the info you need, please just contact us (email@example.com), and we'll get back to you asap.
- Our bow ties are self tie for the purist, but they come tied, are adjustable, and have a clasp in the back for the non-Jedi. We encourage all wearers to learn how to tie a bow tie, but if you are resistant, you can keep using the clip in the back.... but people will ask you if you tied it yourself. Either way, you're golden.
- Most of our bow ties are butterfly style, and when tied, the bows are approximately 4-1/2" wide and 2-1/2" high at the ends. The bar/batwing style is about 1-1/2" high when tied.
- Many of our bow ties are made from cotton, or a cotton-linen blend. We make an effort to chose organic and sustainably produced fabric where possible. Stay tuned for hemp and other more environmentally sustainable materials soon.
- All our products are handmade in Canada or the USA by people you'd like.
- We've never been huge fans of keylime pie.
- Our suspenders/braces ship with both clip-ins and button-ins, and ship with extra buttons.
- All our packaging is made from 100% post consumer waste in Canada.
- We're working on our own video, but for now here are our instructions on HOW TO TIE A BOW TIE.
- We have been a member of 1% For the Planet since our business was founded.
- We are working toward a goal of zero waste. We only buy what we need and we cut our fabric in a way that results in as little leftover fabric as possible. Remaining fabric is used for pocket squares and special requests like kid-sized bow ties, doggie-size bandanas (yes, those exist), and hair scrunchies. We also hold on to some for future, hopefully super fun and useful, purposes:)
- Some of our goods are made to order so it could take up to two weeks to have the item on your strong, confident body (although it's usually sooner). If you need it fast or have other shipping questions just drop us a Note.
- Regular shipping in North America is $8 Flat Rate, and FREE for orders over $99. Shipping charges elsewhere are $18 but will only apply to your first item! So additional items in your cart will be FREE SHIPPING!
- RETURNS AND REFUNDS:
- If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can return the product and get a full refund or exchange the product for another one, be it similar or not. You can return a product for up to 30 days from the date you purchased it. Any product you return must be in the same condition you received it and in the original packaging. Please keep the receipt.
We haven't had many questions (certainly not from teenagers, because they know everything), but when we see a pattern of questions we'll put the answers up here. Having said that, if you have any questions, please email us at Info.