It's pretty hard not to like travel, adventure, new flavours, and style... but all those things need coffee. Wherever we go when we're travelling for research, play, or production we always try to find a reliable cup of coffee. Check out our other 5 Cities Lists, or take a look here at another five of our favourites:
- Our first stop is in Victoria at Hey Happy Coffee where Rob and his team run an intimate, well-loved coffee shop on Lower Johnson Street. They rotate their feature roasters, have delicious specialties and are always willing to help a friend.
- Los Angeles obviously hosts a ton of terrific coffee shops, but we've always loved the mechanics of Intelligentsia Coffee on Abbot Kinney in Venice. The long entrance can provide a nice bit of shade while waiting for your brew, but also a lovely outdoor seat to watch the foot traffic.
- Berlin is great fun for all sorts of foods and drinks and nights and mornings, but Father Carpenter Brewers may have the best location in town, as it sits beside and might as well own, the most beautiful courtyard. The food is amazing and the environment can be a nice relief from the fast pace on the trendy street out front.
- Toronto has caught up in the coffee game in the last five years. Dark Horse Espresso Bars are a big part of that. With six great locations you can be sure to be near one when you need a dependable fix of a tasty bite.
- Last, but absolutely our most frequented is in Vancouver. Birds & The Beets changed Gastown when they opened almost two years ago. Every item of food is made from scratch in the cafe and it is all so so good from vegan to carnivorous offerings. They rotate their roasters, but Bows x Arrows is always on the go.